Many people don’t eat pork due to social, cultural, and religious reasons but some abstain out of a presumption that it is unhealthy. Pork is often shunned for its high levels of cholesterol but it actually contains less than most meats. When lean cuts are consumed in moderation, pork is quite wholesome as it is a rich source of key nutrients that promote good health.
Here’s a wholesome and delicious pork recipe that’s rich in high-quality protein and countless micronutrients.
What You Need
- 2 pounds of 96% lean ground pork
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1/2 a cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup of Iberia Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-1/2 cups of Iberia Manzanilla Olives, Minced Pimiento, and Capers
- 1/2 cup of apple cider
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 mint leaves for garnish
How To Prepare
Saute the onions, garlic, bay leaf and cilantro for five minutes in olive oil. Add the pork, season it with salt and pepper, and then add the Iberia Manzanilla Olives, Minced Pimiento, and Capers. Cook the mixture for an additional 20 minutes and then finish by adding the mint leaves as garnish.
This delicious recipe by Iberia Foods makes 8 servings at about 430 calories each. Enjoy!