If you’re looking to get an ample dose of dietary fiber, healthy fat, protein, and essential micronutrients in a single nutritious snack bar, this easy to follow recipe incorporating WOWBUTTER is definitely worth a try. WOWBUTTER is a plant-based butter with a taste and texture that’s very similar to peanut butter. But, unlike peanut butter, the amino acid composition of WOWBUTTER is comparable to that of meats, eggs and dairy foods, making it a higher quality protein source.
What You Need
- 2 bananas, mashed (try using frozen bananas, thawed and then mashed until smooth)
- 1-1/4 cup of puffed quinoa
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of Pepitas (or pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of WOWBUTTER
- Dried cranberries or raisins, optional*
Note: WOWBUTTER is made in a dedicated 100% Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Egg Free Facility.
How To Prepare
- Preheat oven to 355°F (179°C).
- Mix all ingredients together, and then place mixture on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Form into 1-inch rectangle.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool and then cut into desired size bars.
*Add dried cranberries or raisins for enhanced sweetness.
This delicious and filling recipe makes about 5-6 generous sized servings each housing 180-215 calories (excluding the dried fruit) along with 10-11 grams of protein. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of WOWBUTTER.
Learn the basics of good nutrition for weight control and overall good health. Get your copy of Leaving Your Fat Behind today!