Those of you who either know or follow me are fully aware that I can’t get enough of eating salads. Shrimp salads are among my most favorite, as they’re a solid source of lean protein and key micronutrients. Here’s an incredibly delicious recipe for my ‘Shrimp and Romaine Salad with Avocado’ that only takes about 15-20 minutes to prepare.
What You Need
- 8 ounces of high-quality shrimp, unpeeled
- 3-4 cups of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup of cucumber with peel, cubed
- 1/3 cup of tomato, chopped
- 2 large mushrooms, chopped
- 1 whole avocado, cubed
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (1 whole and 1 whites), cubed
- 4 tablespoons of gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- 4 tablespoons of almonds, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- Old Bay seasoning and freshly ground pepper, to taste
How To Prepare
Peel, rinse, and then season the shrimp to taste with Old Bay and pepper. In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the shrimp in olive oil and set them aside. Place the romaine lettuce in a serving plate, top with cucumber, tomato, mushrooms, avocado, eggs, cheese and almonds, and finish if off with a raspberry vinaigrette, honey mustard or Italian-style dressing.
Rich in protein, healthy fats and fiber, this mouthwatering recipe makes about 2-3 servings of salad at around 415-620 calories each (without dressing).
Learn the basics of good nutrition for weight control and overall good health. Get your copy of Leaving Your Fat Behind today!