Chia seeds house a variety of nutrients that support weight loss, long-term weight management, and general good health but many people just don’t know how to eat them. Smoothies are an excellent way to get chia seeds in your diet. Add in some spinach and kiwifruit and you’ve got yourself a disease-fighting cocktail.
What You Need
- 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk, cold (protein fortified, optional)
- 1-1/2 cups of packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 medium banana, cut into chunks and frozen
- 1 ripe kiwi, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 of any apple, chopped and not cored/seeded/peeled
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tablespoons of Carrington Farms Flax-Chia Blend
How To Prepare
In a blender, combine all the ingredients and blend the mixture until it’s smooth. That’s it!
Rich in dietary fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, protein, vitamins and minerals, this absolutely delectable recipe by Carrington Farms makes a single meal replacement smoothie that’s only 340 calories. Enjoy!
Learn what it takes to achieve and maintain good health through weight control. Pick up a copy of Leaving Your Fat Behind.